Insurance Services

Below are the main insurance products we can provide. You can also find out more about insurance in this general guide.

A Business Combined policy can be tailored to meet all the risks associated with the running of your business – from the processes you use and the premises where you work right through to the goods you buy, sell or store.

These policies are aimed primarily at businesses such as manufacturing, distribution or wholesale, where there is a large element of stock to insure as well as the labour element of the business.

Depending on the nature of your business, it protects against:

  • the loss of, or damage to, buildings, contents, machinery and equipment
  • mechanical breakdowns that disrupt production
  • the loss of, or damage to, goods in transit
  • the costs of implementing a product recall
  • liability claims from third parties and employees
  • employee dishonesty
  • business interruption
  • the costs of taking any legal action

A combined policy can provide all round financial protection, even in the event of claims against you proving unfounded and can be tailored to cover risks specific to your business or to meet regulatory or contractual requirements.

Construction / Contractors

All Risks’ cover in respect of contract works and materials, temporary buildings, constructional plant, tools and equipment, hired in plant, etc.

Contractors Plant

All Risks’ cover for any item of plant or machinery anywhere in the UK, whether owned or hired in, including continuing hire charges. Whether you have a specific requirement or need a complete review of your insurance cover, please contact us to arrange a confidential meeting.

Under current legislation a Director or Officer of a company can be held personally liable for their actions.

Although your company has limited liability you have unlimited personal liability. All your personal assets are at risk, everything you have ever worked for in the past, your home, savings, investments and car could all be taken away from you because of a seemingly small error of judgement.

Cover is available to protect Directors and Officers, including their personal property, and the company against claims from other parties such as shareholders, financial institutions, clients, suppliers and employees alleging wrongful acts or failure to carry out their duties.

Our Engineering cover responds to very specific engineering requirements across market sectors, from material damage to specific plant and machinery insurance, management and inspection. When it comes to managing your complex engineering risks, our Engineering expertise makes the difference.

Engineering Insurance

You are exposed to a variety of risks if you work in the engineering sector, but we have a wide range of cover available that covers against these possibilities.

  • Hired-in machinery
  • Computers
  • Electronic equipment
  • Machinery – sudden and unforeseen damage
  • Machinery movement insurance
  • Machinery – loss of profits insurance

Engineering Inspection

Our technical expertise and commitment to the highest inspection standards and quality puts us in a prime position to manage all kinds of engineering inspection in a number of disciplines.

  • Electrical installations
  • Local exhaust ventilation equipment
  • Lifts and lifting equipment
  • Pressure plant
  • General Work Equipment

We provide Marine Cargo insurance for a broad range of risks including large complex cargo risks through to smaller companies and we can cover single shipments or offer annual policies.

Our team can provide general Cargo insurance and Marine Cargo insurance for a variety of clients. This is complemented by specialty areas, for which we can write bespoke policy wordings for Marine Cargo insurance, including:

  • Satellite pre-launch
  • Ocean cargo tow
  • Project cargo including consequential loss
  • Stock policies written on an excess basis

Motor fleet insurance is essential for businesses that run at least four company vehicles which may be cars, vans or lorries. Affordable cover can be tailored exactly to the size of fleet, and to any mix of vehicles or usage.

It provides comprehensive cover against damage, fire, theft and third party claims, as well as a 24-hour claim and accident helpline and courtesy cars when yours are off the road due to accident to help keep your business moving. European cover can be arranged if required.

If you earn your living by buying, selling, fixing or generally working with cars – even if it’s only part-time – it’s essential to protect yourself and your business with the correct level of insurance cover.

Motor trade policies can be designed to meet the needs of different people working in the motor trade, whether full or part time; for example your business could be:

  • a one man band
  • a partnership or
  • a garage with employees

If you are a sole trader

  • you could be working from premises or
  • from your home
  • you could work full or part-time

It may even be possible to insure the use of your own vehicle in connection with another occupation you may have; for example if you are self-employed buying and selling cars and also work part-time as a gardener.

Office and Shop insurance combines cost effective protection for the physical assets of your business with essential liability cover in a single policy.

Most small businesses can insure their assets and cover their liabilities under one good cost-effective Office Insurance policy. The difficulty is that not all policies are the same. More modern policies are geared up to modern-day business needs, covering such eventualities as computer breakdown and data loss/reinstatement. Policies can be written to accommodate the specific insurance you need – from office or shop contents and computer equipment cover to public, employers’ and product liability. Business interruption – insuring against the impact of fire, flood or similar disaster on your ability to run your business – is another common inclusion.

We can also include cover specific to your business, such as tenant improvements, personal accident, legal expenses, equipment breakdown and the off-site use of laptops.

In an increasingly litigious business world, Professional indemnity insurance is essential protection for any service business that provides services or advice to clients. This includes more traditional businesses such as architects, accountants, solicitors, surveyors, consultants, PR, advertising, marketing and recruitment, and now increasingly small technology companies, app developers and other new media companies.

It protects against compensation claims arising from:

  • the dishonesty of your employees, partners or directors
  • negligence (or breaches of duty of care)
  • the unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights
  • the loss of documents or data

Professional indemnity insurance covers the costs of defending these claims so you won’t be liable for any legal fees or, should you lose the case, the cost of putting things right or paying financial compensation.

But Professional Indemnity Insurance isn’t simply about protection. Many potential contracts or clients will stipulate it as a requirement requesting proof that you have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity insurance in place.

People can have a variety of interests in property from a business perspective. The property itself may be commercial but could equally be a multi-residential development owned by a property investor through a business entity.

Ultimately the property needs specialist business property insurance cover to protect it from the risks of fire, break-in and certain weather damage. It protects every type of building – factories, shops, office blocks, residential buildings, unoccupied properties, buildings constructed of non-standard materials and properties at high risk of flooding or subsidence.

Typically, cover will include:

  • the loss of, or damage to, the fabric of the building, any communal areas, its fixtures and fittings, glass, cables and underground pipework (including trace and access damage)
  • your liabilities in terms of employee or public use of the building, or arising from accidents caused to others during your ownership of the property
  • the loss of rent, or the cost of alternative accommodation, if your property is rendered unfit for occupation
  • any legal expenses incurred

A good property insurance policy will provide essential protection for your key financial assets, as well as meeting the requirements of mortgage lenders or other financial loan providers


Public liability insurance is recommended for any business whose employees are required to work at a client’s home or business premises, or which welcomes members of the public or customers on to their own premises. In many circumstances it can be contractual requirement so not having it can put you at a commercial disadvantage.

It protects against compensation claims arising from injuries to third parties or damage to their property caused by your negligence, or that of your staff or any sub-contractors employed by you.

Public liability insurance covers the legal fees and associated costs involved in defending a claim plus the award of any damages against you, including any costs the NHS may claim relating to ambulance call-out and hospital treatment.

It may be compulsory depending on the nature of your business and insurance is often required by customers or potential customers as a necessary contractual requirement before they engage you. It also enhances your business’s reputation as a professional firm.

Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement for most businesses employing one or more staff, including voluntary organisations. It protects against compensation claims arising from injuries or illnesses suffered by employees at work where the cause can be directly attributed to their employer.
Employers’ liability insurance meets the unforeseen legal and compensation costs of incidents as trivial as tripping over an unprotected cable, or worse.

It is required to meet current Health & Safety Executive legislation – non-compliance will result in a fine of up to £2,500 for each day that appropriate insurance is not in place. The minimum level of cover by law is £5 million but can extend up to £10 million.

We can offer a comprehensive service that includes verification of income, full credit checks, written references from employers and previous letting agents.

In addition to this, we can offer legal expenses and rent guarantees for 6 or 12 months.

Get a Quote Now

You'll benefit from our outstanding commercial experience and exceptional customer support, that means a first-class service whatever your need, whenever you call, but no need to take our word for it, here’s what some of our customers think about us…

"NECA has enjoyed a sound, cost effective relationship with Phil Bailey for over some 20 years... The value of having personal service and an understanding of your business activity cannot be underestimated".

Mrs C Atkinson, Chief Exec - NECA Ltd

"The quality and professionalism of their service, allied to their personal approach, is something that I would recommend to any business looking for hassle free insurance".

Mr I Wright, MD - Rufus Ltd

"We now have an increased level of insurance on our commercial policy and a much more reasonable excess on our fleet policy, giving the business greater peace of mind. You have also had a positive influence on our bottom line by delivering significant savings on our premiums".

Mrs C Ripley, Financial Controller - Homefair Blinds (UK) Limited